It's been a messy week....and a week of a lot of firsts as we try to get our groove back and establish some routines. Michael started work. So far so good. We've met almost everyone in the command and they all seem nice.
Grayson has been Daddy's little helper trying to put things together. Perhaps Uncle Adam needs to give him a lesson on how to use some of these tools.
We finally got all our pots and pans and cleaned them and the kitchen so we can start making meals at home. First dinner in was homemade pasta sauce. Of course not as good as Grandmas, but Grayson enjoyed his first taste of ravioli. And like a good Italian boy, he even ate some chunks of garlic that were in the sauce.
When Michael and I started dating, our first few dates happened to fall on a Tuesday so Tuesdays became our date night. Michael would call sometime in the afternoon and tell me if I needed to get dressed up or be casual and then he'd surprise me with a new restaurant and a movie. Tuesdays are back. This past Tuesday we went to Yakiniku Viking.
What an interesting concept. It's a buffet that you pay for based on if you want to be able to eat for an hour or an hour and a half.
You have a raw meat bar with some veggies and then cooked rice, noodles, potatoes, salads and desserts. Bring whatever looks good back to your table and you have a tabletop grill to cook yourself. Delicious! Grilled pumpkin was one of our favorites.
I was able to get out with my sponsor this week and visit the different base gift corners. Military wives who volunteer to work there get to travel to regional countries and basically stock these authentic Pier Ones. One of my purchases was a package of alphabet magnets for Grayson. What a good buy. Now while I'm cooking he sits and plays and most importantly stays away from the hot oven. Our kitchen also has our washer and dryer in it. He's discovered that you can play with magnets on the fridge, the dishwasher, the washer and the dryer. Yeah!
I had to put this in here because I think it is so weird. This is a picture of Grayson eating black beans. He LOVES them. He'd rather eat black beans than chicken, hamburger, fruit, cookies. He's also eating bean sprouts, salmon, mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes. What kid does that? I guess I will be grateful. No more baby food.
As you can tell from most of this week's pictures. We like to eat. So in this week of firsts we are also starting to workout. Michael goes every morning before work and three times a week with his command to the gym.
I got a new jog stroller. Good thing I did too; you need one to fit in around here. Everyone has one. Because everyone here has a baby or is pregnant or both.
So after we get Daddy off to work in the morning, Grayson and I meet our sponsors and do a 3 mile trail around the base complete with some very large hills. Anyone remember Jeff Hill at OU? Think that, but everywhere.
We started winding down the week with hide and seek. Grasyon's favorite place to hide is in between the kitchen door and the wall.
And then we went to a Japanese market. Grayson is very fond of these rice cakes.
We spent all day Saturday stuck inside laying around because of the rain. Driving on wet roads here is like driving on black ice because of all the coral dust.
Sunday we started church again. Grayson spent the whole mass flirting with the 13 year old girl behind us. We'll have to work on that.
One room in the house is mostly complete.... the living room. Here's some pics.
Hugs and kisses until next time.



4 comments:
Jess- I LOVE THE HOUSE!!
I knew your creative touches with things would make your house looking like a home in no time!!!:)
So glad you all are settling in.
We miss you alot- and are starting to only slightly realize the stress you all had with moving etc.
Jess I LOVE the house and the comments. I feel SO invovled and love getting the updates!!! Gald you two are getting more settled.
Lets plan to talk this week.
LOVE YOU!
Hey Jessica!!! I love all the touches you made to your new house! You seem to settling in quite well! The blog header looks great as well! Jared said he ran into you guys at the commissary and little Grayson really made him miss the kiddos. It awesome keeping up with you guys through the blog!
That restaurant looks delicious. Grab a bunch of meat and cook it on a grill right in front of you? Now that's what I'm talking about. Like everyone preceding me, the house looks outstanding. That table is just asking to have a few rounds of poker played on it!
Post a Comment