Typhoon season is officially upon us, which translates into lots and lots of rain! On average we are likely to see sixty-some named storms a year. Oh, and there are earthquakes too! You might be thinking, " yuck!" But actually, a lot of Okinawa natives and familiar military are praying for the storms to bring some rain. Even though we are surrounded by water, Kadena and most of the island rely on reservoirs for their water supply, and if we don't get enough rain during the rainy season, we'll have to have start rationing water.. i.e. limiting the amount of hours in a day that our water is turned on :(
So with the rain, we decided to stay close to home Tuesday and went to a base favorite called Jack's Place.
This was our first taste of the famous Kobe beef. Mighty tender and yummy!
Last week, I mentioned that we were taking professional family photos. We had our proof review with the photographer and picked out 6 shots that we thought really captured our family, but we won't have the cd to upload the photos until next week's post.
With all the excitement with the photographer, I forgot to share our completed bedroom. Michael and I bought a new bed frame, dresser, and nightstand with the intention of using it as guest room furniture when we get back to the States. We didn't bring our suit from Florida because we weren't sure if it would fit.
Michael and I picked out a rich espresso colored wood with chocolate leather accents. I just love platform beds. I think they really give a room a clean look. (Can you tell from my language here that I've been missing my Pulte job?)
One of the hobbies of the wives over here is to shop for authentic Asian furniture. I wouldn't say that I love Asian themes, but I fell to peer pressure and on a trip I bought the nightstand that is in our room. The pattern matched our bedspread well enough. I don't think I'll make a habit of buying additional pieces though.
You can't really tell in the picture, but this dresser is really tall. Michael is 5'11 and I'd say it is a good foot and a half over his head. It really fills up the wall nicely though.
We didn't have a grand adventure this weekend because Michael had to work, but we did take the time to have some fun moments throughout the week. Take a peek at the Winters.



6 comments:
Too Cute Jess! I love the video of Grayson! Love the bedroom set...maybe because we have the same one!!! HAHA! We've had it for over 4 years now and it's held up so well. You'll be super pleased with buying quality furniture! Hope you get a sunny day in the midst of typhoon season!
Lol- you had Ben and I cracking up!! Grayson is really cute when she shakes his bootie!
You guys all look great- and seeing the video made us miss you all even more...
Keep Smiling:)
p.s. love the bedroom set as well:) you definitely have the decorating touch!
Hey family! It was great talking with you on Fri/Sat haha. The bedroom looks great and the video is AWESOME!!! Love you all SO much. Try to stay dry!
This video put a huuuuge smile on my face today! Miss you guys!!!
Loved the dancing...its great...love Dad
Post a Comment