
As promised, here are our pictures from the photographer. Every time I look at this picture I can't help but think how much I LOVE my little boy. I hope every parent feels this way about their babies!

Grayson's famous lip. We are still trying to figure out what color his eyes are...blue, grey, brown, and green?

One of Daddy and Grayson's favorite games.

Swinging around with Mommy.

Grayson even got this cool block puzzle as a thank you gift from the photographer.
And Daddy and Grayson got to be the new poster boys for the photographer's ad on the Okinawa Hai website. Maybe Grayson will follow in Michael's footsteps and model when he gets older.
Tuesday's date night was Mongolian BBQ. Much like it is in The States, you get a selection of meat, veggies, sauces, and spices and hand it over to a guy who grills it for you.
Grayson seemed to enjoy it too.
Grayson and I decided to make Michael a surprise after one of his watches this week. He's been going on and on about peach cobbler so that's what we made.
Grayson's been more and more interested in what I do in the kitchen so I thought I'd really get him involved and let him help do everything.
He got to lay the peaches out.
Like any good baker, he had to do a taste test.
Getting ready to roll the topping out....
which was his favorite part.
And finishing off with a little cinnamon.
Yum!
We had another reason to celebrate this week. Michael got a new metal from his previous command as an end of tour award. It's called a Navy Marine Corp Commendation which is a nice honor, and to make it even more special, Michael's old department head got to be there when it was given to him. We are sad to see VP-5 go home, but are happy for them to be back with their families. Hopefully it really is a small Navy and we'll see a lot of them again down the road. No Fox, Like a Mad Fox!
I've been wanting to get Grayson into a Mommy and Me class for a while, but it never seemed to be the right time. Well, with the notice on our door this week that we have to move yet again because the Air Force wants to renovate our building, I decided I had to make it the right time. We signed up for a place called Alligator Steps and had our first class on Friday.
I felt like it was his first day of school. I was a little nervous. Would it be easy for him to make the friends I was hoping for? He hasn't been around a lot of kids his own age. So, I got him all dressed up in a cute outfit. Got there plenty early to hand in the new enrollment form. And then he clung to my leg. Once the music started though, he had no problem loosening up as we showed you in last week's video. Grayson ended up spending most of the class playing with the other moms. Maybe next week, he'll try the other kids. We go back tomorrow to make a special craft for Father's Day. I'm hopeful this is going to be a good thing for both of us.

As if Grayson wasn't spoiled enough, we got another care package from Uncle Adam and Katie this week. More new shoes!!! We sported these penny loafers for church. Too cute!
I had mentioned to Adam that it was hard to find an umbrella stroller here and the car trunk is so small I can't fit anything in it when I have my big stroller. So he was an amazing brother and sent me one as an early birthday present. Thank you!!! You are the best!
Can't wait to see what else my birthday has in store this week!





4 comments:
I am SO sorry that you guys have to move again....
moving on to happier things-
the pictures are WONDERFUL! You all look great, and Grayson definitely looks like he loves to ham it up for the camera. I also love that you and him cooked- the peach cobbler just made me really hungry:)
Please tell Mike congrats for us- what an accomplishment- and one he deserves!!
Lots of love,
Megs
P.S. I have a birthday gift for you.... could you email your new address? I will mail it out after we get back from vacation...
Hey love the new update and that peach cobbler looked awesome. Glad Grayson is hanging out with the moms haha.. what a ladies man! Well, you knew the move was coming... but stinks you have to go through everything all over again. I will be in touch if not during my trip then afterwards. Love you both and Happy Early Birthday!!!
Those photos look great! Now you need to get the family one printed on canvas and hang it above the mantle. haha Way to go bro on your medal! You're gunna start getting lopsided with all that brass on one side. Miss you and Happy Birthday Jes! Everyday is another one closer to your return to the states!
Another beautiful pic set-up Grayson cooks better then pop-pop.
Congrats on the Medal...
Love Always Pop POP
Post a Comment