
Its been a whole month since our last post, mostly because I've been feeling under the weather and had strep throat again. We haven't been up to anything terribly exciting in Grayson's 17th month of life, pretty much just playing around the house.

We are still trying to put the new house together. We invited Grayson's bud and his parents over for a BBQ next weekend. Our best motivator is always having guests so I'm sure everything will be in its place and spick and span by next Saturday complete with freshly bathed puppies.
I'm happy to report that Gray is finally trying to say more words. He isn't very clear yet to anyone other than Mommy, but hopefully with practice that will come. He loves to sing and be sung to, and being dizzy is super cool!
In the spirit of football season, Michael has been teaching Grayson about the game. Training sessions range from running plays with his pink nerf ball inside...
to speed drills around the trees in the backyard....
to working on agility with the soccer ball.
With all that running around, you can sure work up an appetite.
And, you can bet that we are still doing our Tuesdays.
We found a great little steak house called Emeralds which had a nice view of some of the hills and city lights.
Another Tuesday was enjoyed at the Captain's Inn, a teppanyaki restaurant... similar to hibachi back in The States...with a nautical flare.
We've also found a great dessert destination. Yogurtland! Pick your size cup. Load it up with as many different kinds of yogurt as you want from the long wall of dispensers and then head off to the toppings bars. One bar of healthy fruits and nuts and one of cookies and chocolates. Then you pay based on the weight of your cup. I think they have these back home, but we've never been to one before.
Grayson and I have also started a new routine on Wednesdays. Breakfast and coffee at the Coffee Casa with some other moms and kids. A nice Starbucks looking place with good food and a yuppy feel.
We won't stay away so long for our next post.
Until then....stop and smell the coffee.



4 comments:
he is looking SO BIG! and i laughed aloud watching mike coach grayson..... hope you feel better soon- glad you all are getting settled in your new house- we hope to see you SOON!
Hey there! Welcome back and I hope you are feeling better Jess. I can NOT believe how big he is getting. Can't wait to see you all in a couple months! LOVE YOU!
Yes! Yogurtland! We have one right down the street from us. It looks exactly the same as in Japan! Sooo good. All you need now is that Chipotle to open up next door haha. Miss you guys!
I know I just commented about lvoing YogurtLand as much as anyone, but I think those days are over. Just checked out this article: http://laist.com/2009/10/07/frozen_yogurt_meltdown_yogurtlands.php
Post a Comment