Saturday, October 17, 2009

Secret Garden



Life in Okinawa has been sweet since our last post.


We spent a Tuesday at a new place called Transit Cafe right on the seawall with a great view of the East China Sea and all the neighborhood lights. We've decided that it's one of our new favorite places and that anyone who comes to visit will definately get a dinner there on us.

It was a perfect night. A typhoon was coming....coming close, but not too close to us.... so there was a great breeze and some relief from the normal heat.


Grayson has been chatting up a storm. His new favorite words being money (not sure why) and buddy.


He is also becoming quite the artist....with his coloring and...


designer sticker cards for the family.


We finally decided to venture out and explore more of the island.


Michael actually had a 3 day weekend for Columbus Day.


So, on Monday we headed down to Naha City.


And went exploring in the Fukushen Gardens.


We went with Grayson's good buddy and his parents.


The boys loved feeding the fish.


And the turtles.


The Gardens are free for Americans.


We weren't sure of their significance.


We think something to do with WWII happened there.


All in all it was a fun place to take some new snapshots.



And then head out to lunch.


I'll end this week's post with some exciting news. Michael and I are expecting again! We are 14 weeks along and due in April. Grayson seems to be excited about being a big brother and even clapped when we saw the baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound. Can't wait to share some pictures of our new addition in the coming weeks.

3 comments:

Megs said...

We are so excited for you all! congrats and many blessings for a healthy pregnancy!

Tiffany said...

Hey Family! I am glad you had a fun holiday weekend together. Jess, I hope you are feeling better and of course we can't wait for the new addition. I am excited about yet another restaurant to go to when I come visit. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Pike said...

That is such an excellent picture of the three of you with Grayson on his daddy's shoulders! Congrats again on making more adorable little people! Hahah we miss you guys soooo much!