Welcome aboard Brayden Avery Winters!!!
Born April 19, 2010
12:35 pm
8 lbs 9 oz
22 in
Michael and I decided to have the same doctor who delivered Grayson do a planned C-section this time for our second baby boy.
We got to the hospital at 8 am. After doing a bunch of lab work and getting lots of different IVs and drugs, we had to wait for another woman stuck at 9 cm to deliver before we could go into surgery. Hearing her screams made me think maybe I had made the right delivery choice.
Meanwhile, I was already starting to swell like a balloon.
Michael did a great job of keeping me calm, and everything went smoothly.
As soon as Brayden's head was out he started crying even before he was officially "born".
Michael got to cut the umbilical cord.
Brayden and Daddy went to get a bath while I got put back together.
This time, I got to meet the little guy as soon as I was in the recovery room.
The whole surgery only took an hour.... pretty amazing.
Once all the anesthesia wore off, Michael got Grayson from our friends house across the street from the hospital.
He's been an excellent big brother so far!
This is a video of the boys meeting each other for the first time. If this is any indication, I hope they have a lifetime of love and friendship ahead.
We had to spend the rest of Monday, Tuesday, and most of Wednesday being monitored. By the end of his first day of life Brayden already was giving Mommy some smiles, and he entertained us the other days by peering at us with one eye closed and one eye open. A Japanese nurse told us that per Japanese folklore, that means he is going to be a wise man.
But when it was time to go home, our little man was ready to style past the nurses station.
A happy family of 4 on our way! During our drive, Michael looks over at me and asks if I love him. I say yes, of course. And he says, good because we just got in way over our heads.
At home, Brayden and I had a beautiful bouquet from Daddy and Grayson to welcome us.
Mommy was also spoiled with a new pair of pearl and diamond earings.... my birth stone and Brayden's.... which matches the necklace I got when Grayson was born perfect. Definately spoiled!
Our new addition is cozying up to his new home and relaxing with a nice thumb. More to come soon. Wish everyone could meet him in person!



6 comments:
YEAH!!!! I have been thinking about you since Monday:) Jes- I have tears in my eyes, I am just SO happy for you and Michael. I remember all those days of you worried about not being able to become a mom, and now you have two beautiful little boys! Welcome to the wonderful world of chaos:) You and Mike may at times may feel at times that you are "over your heads", but you are great parents.
Hugs and smiles across the miles!
Welcome to the world- Brayden Avery- we can't wait to one day meet you!:)
I love it....with a tear in my eye. Well Brayden and Grayson I have so much to tell you, but thats a subject of another time. It brings back so MANY MEMORIES asking Tiffany what she wanted the day before you Dad was born and she said a puppy.
What a handson boy, and big, you guys look so happy and you should.
In over your head, I don't think so...this is what makes life complete.
Welcome to the Winters family, well thats a subject for another time (your mom would have been so happy and shes with you I know) love Pop-Pop
What a gorgeous family!! You all look so wonderful and Brayden is just as perfect as Grayson.
You two can definitely handle this. You will be wonderful parents to Brayden the way you are to Grayson!
We all love you so much. Jessica make sure Michael always spoils you like this - you completely deserve it! I cant wait to meet Bryaden in Sept and see you all.
Love you more then words can say!
AHHHH!!! He's here! We are so happy for you guys! Brayden looks healthy and you have two amazing little boys!
You guys are so awesome, and I can't wait to meet him someday! I also can't wait until our kids can play together and we're BBQing and reminiscing about the good ol' days!
We love you guys!!
Welcome to the world Brayden Avery!! What a beautiful family you all have! That video just made my weekend. I miss and love you guys and look forward to the day I get to meet the nephews. Michael and Jes, you two will continue to meet the challenges and joys of raising a family with the same grace, patience and love that you have exhibited thus far.
Much love,
Byron
P.S. Hello Tiffany and Mr. Winters. I hope you guys are doing well:-)
CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited that you guys are entering into such an awesome time of life! Two children are such a blessing and I know Grayson will be an amazing big brother. Love to all!
Post a Comment