Our Christmas eve started with fresh baked Christmas trees making the house smell all warm and cozy.
Michael's mom used to make these cookies, and I mentioned to a good friend that he missed them so I got a surprise cookie press to make some of my own. Thank you so much! They really helped make our Christmas, and I was able to put them on a platter that Michael's mom gave me when we were first married.
Grayson helping little bro eat before heading out to an afternoon at the park.
He loves to swing on the the bar before sliding down.
I took the opportunity to sit down for a minute. And why not take a picture of my new pedicure.....snowflakes to match my Christmas tree decor :)
After our fun at the park, Michael took us out to lunch at one of our favorite spots before I started cooking. Authentic Italian sauce and meatballs.... getting ready for our Italian feast on Christmas day. I don't know why, but sauce always tastes better the next day.
That evening the traditions began.
On my side of the family, we have always said a rosary in front of the Christmas tree on Christmas eve. We bless the house and the family. As a child, we did this at Grandma and Grandpa's with all the aunts and uncles and cousins. I don't think I really appreciated how special this tradition was back then, but I am glad that my dad and now Michael and I have continued it.
Grayson with his Christmas branch getting ready to help Daddy bless the house. Notice he is also wearing a tactical (meaning camo colored and doesn't make noise for when you are on a mission) rosary given to us by the chaplain that married us.
Brayden getting a taste for the rosary too!
We made it all the way through the prayers which in itself was a Christmas miracle.
Small photo shoot before reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.....
Michael, Grayson and I enjoyed a Japanese teppanyaki dinner. You can't really see it in this picture , but our wine glasses are etched with the Japanese symbols for happiness and love... another thoughtful Christmas gift!
Mini cheesecakes for dessert.
Christmas day and weekend pictures soon.



2 comments:
Looks like you all are developing a blend of christmas traditions from both families! the kids look great- brayden is getting so big!
Love the pictures and the cookies look great! It was special opening presents with you all. Love you tons!
Post a Comment