Day I of the typhoon was spent with a lot of waiting around for the storm to hit. I hate the waiting, but on a positive note, Michael was able to come home almost half a day early from work so it was nice to have the company. Grayson also got a new Lightning McQueen which seems to be keeping his mind off the fact that we are stuck in the house.
A friend of mine brought over some delicious cookies that she baked for the storm so I got the pressure from my family to make something too. I give you Mom Winters' applesauce muffins with cinnamon sugar topping. Baking is a great way to pass the time and make the house more cozy. I will say that bite size is dangerous.
Way 2 to pass the time.... have your husband hang the new canvases you got in the mail earlier that week but weren't allowed to hang yourself because you put too many holes in the wall when hanging pictures. (Funny deployment story for anyone who wants to hear it.) Then, have him move the pictures that were in that spot to a different room.
This is phase one of our new keepsake wall complete. Two more phases to go.
The wind and rain started up hard after the boys were asleep, but it seems to be hitting the back of the house and their rooms are in the front so it was still nice and quiet for them to sleep.
It looks like the typhoon will be sticking around until Saturday morning. We are starting day 2 out with a pancake breakfast. Let's hope we keep power today.
Hope everyone else is having good weather.



No comments:
Post a Comment